This week is the start of the Christmas season. Normally the films are picked at random but this week each member gets to pick a film to defend. The rest of the roles are still picked at random.
This week Joel defends National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Alex is the prosecution and Dave is the all-important judge. Gav acts as the character witness to lend his opinion to the arguments presented to the court.
Is this a wholesome Christmas comedy, or is this Turkey dry and overdone?
Also in the podcast:
- When is a short not a short?
- How does Jude Law keep getting work?
- Can a dead dog plan a wedding?
- And 15 seconds of train puns.
There's a slight change to the quiz format this week as we have a Blankety Blank themed quiz on National Lampoon movies.Support Films on Trial
- Frozen short playing before Pixar’s new film Coco has angered people | The Independent
- 'Captain Marvel' Casts Jude Law as the Original Captain Marvel
- Is Kris Kristofferson's wedding-planning dog drama already the worst movie of 2018? | Film | The Guardian
- Murder on the Orient Express steams ahead at the UK box office | Film | The Guardian